Remo Park / About
About Remo Park
Official Site: http://www.remopark.com
Some things have changed… new album from REMO PARK- "WITCHCRAFT POWER"
2015/2016 REMO PARK "The Box" four albums plus bonus tracks on the internet
Remo Park - "the man who ate neon"- Guitar Remo Park
Remo Park (* 1955) is a german musician, composer and producer. In the years of 1981 till 1987 he became a talking point as an avantgarde guitar player in the Berlin cult band Die Haut . Since the 1980ies he is ranked as one of the most original guitar players in Germany.
Table of contents
• 1 Biography
• 2 Die Haut
• 3 Remo Park
• 4 Discographie
• 5 Resources
Remo Park started playing music on a recorder, saxophone and clarinet. To promote his musical interests and development his mother bought a Suzuki acoustic guitar as a gift from a local department store.
1975 Remo Park moved to Berlin. Still playing the electric guitar he took classes in clarinet and saxophone with Wilhelm Grassnik (clarinet and saxophone player at the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra under the direction of Herbert von Karajan). From 1975 till 1982 he learned to play the piano and composition with Patrick Dinslage.
Working alongside his studies of musicology and dramatics Remo Park attended composition classes with the focus on contemporary music with Peter Castine at the University of arts in Berlin. 1981 he started the avantgarde instrumental band Die Haut together with Christoph Dreher (Bass), Martin Peter (guitar) and Thomas Wydler (drums).As a guitar band with no singer Die Haut started a collaboration with Nick Cave, Lydia Lunch and Birthday Party and 1983 they toured together through Europe and the USA.
Together with Frieder Butzmann, he shared the passion for contemporary music and electronics working on the album "War pur war". With Butzmanns support he formed his own band Remo Park and the Chasm in 1987.
Parks wish to be a singer was the reason for his withdrawal from the band Die Haut in 1987. In the same year he founded his studio Pyramid City Productions and recorded his first album "Lying in ambush" which was released in 1990 through What´s so funny about. The german music magazine Spex wrote: " A brilliant album with the absolute talent of the mega guitar player, a bastion against minimal machine rock". After the release Remo Park and the Chasm were touring through Germany and neighboring states.
In 1995 Remo Park founded the record label IntenCity, on which he released his second album Aviator. With the drummers Olaf Kobold, Dominique Reiche und Klaus Krüger (Iggy Pop und Tangerine Dream), Stewart Dunlop (Bass) und Eric Scholtz (Keyboards programming) he recorded this album.
Carlos Perón (founder member of the Electro Band Yello) released the remix album Aviator is chasing time in 2002 and it came out under his record label Strahlomat.
2011 the third album Alien Healer was released. The line-up was: Remo Park (vocals, bass guitars, keyboards), Eric Scholtz (keyboards), Ramon Da Silvio (guitars), Klaus Kruger (drums), Olaf Kobold (drums), Domenique (percussion) and Amanda Adamas (background vocals).
2014 the album "Witchcraft Power" was produced featuring: Remo Park (lead vocals, guitars, bass, keyboards), Eric Scholtz (keyboards, backing vocals), Ramon da Silvio (guitars) und Peter Klang (drums, backing vocals).
• 1982 LP Schnelles Leben with Die Haut
• 1982 Maxi-Single Karibischer Western (Zensor: CM 2 Production; recorded in London) with Die Haut feat. Lydia Lunch (vocals)
• 1983 LP Burin’ the Ice with Nick Cave (vocals) - Paradoxx Eigelstein Cologne
• 1985 Maxi-Single Fandango with Die Haut
• 1986/87 cooperation with Frieder Butzmann/Kapielsi Live und LP War pur War Zensor Musikproduktion Verlag
• 1988 contribution on the LP A Poke in the Eye... von Pig alias Raymond Watts
• 1990 First Solo-LP Remo Park and The Chasm: Lying in Ambush released on What’s so funny about.
• 1995 Aviator CD(IntenCity / EFA) was published under Park, Live gig at Popkomm 1995 and touring
• 2000/01 Remix CD Aviator is chasing time at Pyramid City Prod./IntenCity
• 2002 Yello founding member Carlos Peron released the CD Aviator is chasing time on his label Strahlomat
• 2004 New Video Vivid Hours created by Niclas Dietrich rewarded on various international video festivals
• 2011 Release of the CD "Alien Healer" on the label: Golden Core (ZYX-music)
• 2014 Latest album of Remo Park: "Witchcraft Power" (Carlos Peron as executive producer) published through Dark Daze music INC. and subculture records in Norway
• 2015/2016 REMO PARK "The Box" four albums plus bonus tracks
• Official website Remo Park
• Deutsches Rock & Pop Archiv Berlin